→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tam_selvam
Engaged Sweeper
Is there any way I could add exclusion for certain asset only for some scanning target groups.

I got 6 scanning targets, out of that 4 I don't want any network device like router or switch to be scanned. Is it possible?

If not can i add a batch of IP address in the exclusion?
eg: I got 100 IP address to be excluded. I got the list. do i need to create 100 exclusion list?

thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Exclusions can only set up per scanning server unfortunately. There are some options to prevent certain devices to be scanned in the IP Range scanning options such as No SSH or No Windows, unfortunately a similar option doesn't exist to for instance prevent scanning via SNMP.

As an input for IP Address Exclusions you can either enter an IP Range or individual IP addresses.

I've moved your topic to the wishlist section and have added 2 items to our customer wishlist:
  • More exclusion options that can be set up per scanning target such as No SSH and No Windows.
  • Allowing the entry of comma separated IP addresses as IP address exclusions.

At this moment in time we can't yet guarantee that these features will be implemented though and we aren't able to provide you with an estimated release date.
EtienneHB
Engaged Sweeper II
I was also wondering if it was possible to add groups in the scanning exclusion. As far as i know for the moment it is not possible. But you can use the IP Address Exclusion and enter multiple IP Adresses.

Possible input values are IP ranges, IP addresses.
Example:
192.168.1.1-192 168.1.25 (everything between won't be scanned)
192.1681.30 (one by one)

You may also use the AssetType Exclusion to exlude every switches, routers, ...

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now