cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonLP
Engaged Sweeper

I'm pretty new to Lansweeper and have reviewed most of the post about Auditing in the forums.  I know that there is a report in the on-prem lansweeper about changes made to Lansweeper configuration.  I don't see that there is one in the Cloud reports.  I have made a change in the cloud to an asset and want to see that show up in the report on the on-prem, but it did not.  Can anyone point the way to setting up a report in the cloud that will show the last changes made to assets and by whom?  Thank you

Jason Huff

1 REPLY 1
MariaOrellana
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out!

You're correct in noting that the report functionality for tracking changes made to assets isn't available in Lansweeper Sites at the moment. However, we understand the importance of such a feature.

While we're working on implementing a comprehensive solution like Asset Lifecycle Management, which will automate these processes, I'd like to offer you a workaround. You can utilize Custom Fields within Lansweeper Sites to manually track changes made to assets.

Here's how you can do it:

1. Create a custom field to indicate the nature of the change made to the asset (e.g., "Change Description").
  2. Create another custom field to indicate the date of the change (e.g., "Change Date").

By diligently updating these custom fields whenever changes are made to assets, you can maintain a record of changes and their respective timestamps. Additionally, you can create custom reports to retrieve and visualize this information. 

As for the timeline for the release of Asset Lifecycle Management, unfortunately, I don't have a definitive date to provide at the moment. I'll keep you informed about any developments regarding its release.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with setting up the custom fields or reports, feel free to reach out. We're here to help!

Best regards,
Maria Orellana