cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Mercedes_O
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Community,

We’re excited to announce the Lansweeper Summer Launch Event! πŸŽ‰ Will you be joining us? Our next product release is scheduled for June 25, 2024. Here’s a sneak peek at the agenda:

New Discovery Technology

• One rich IT and OT asset inventory, including those from public clouds.

Risk Insights Upgrade

• Improved risk management and mitigation, also for OT

Migration Improvements:

• Friction-less migration to Sites

• Improved user visibility

• Custom fields synchronization with Sites

Don’t miss out! Register today for the webinar: Lansweeper Summer Launch 2024.

Got any questions? Let us know below!

Like & Bookmark this post to stay updated as we get closer to the event. We look forward to seeing you there and hearing your thoughts!

43 REPLIES 43

In addition to @Vicente_SC response, we support the ability to Edit assets via API and will be delivering the ability to both Add and Delete custom fields via API over the next couple of weeks.  For more information about the available APIs, you can go to Edit assets | Documentation – Lansweeper. All of the API documentation is available in our new Developer Hub Home - Lansweeper Developer Hub.  

mgumus
Engaged Sweeper

How about scanning APPV/MSIX environment? 

Hi @mgumus ,

Thanks for your input. I've created a product improvement request for it so we can track the interest of all our customers on this one.
While it won't be included in the default discovery right away, by next launch we intend to offer you custom discovery so you can send your own select scripts to your assets, retrieve the output and store it as an asset property. Using custom reports, you could then filter on specific contents of that asset property.

simmlerd
Engaged Sweeper

Dear all,

What is the availability of the improvements - in wicht version is which improvement and when?

Best Regards, Daniel

SimmlerD

Hi @simmlerd ,

Network Discovery is a brand new product, offered in preview now: https://community.lansweeper.com/t5/product-discussions/new-beta-capability-discover-more-asset-deta...

IT Agent Discovery (local tracking of any Win/Lin/macOS) was already and still is in preview.
Cloud Discovery only has internal versioning and is also available in preview in your Lansweeper Site.

Take a look at the most recent version in https://app.lansweeper.com/ > Scanning > Discovery systems > Download installers/packages. We're continously pushing out updates and these are also auto updated across all platforms.

piochfinder
Engaged Sweeper

Can the new Vulnerability management features replace other tools like Armis, Qualys, etc? It's unclear what is the solution behind and how accurate the verdict is, as on principle there can be authenticated scans for agent-based assets and unauthenticated for agentless scanning.

Hi @piochfinder, thanks for the question.

I can't speak for Armis, as I don't know how their solution works intrinsically but I am able to talk a little about our difference with the Big 3 (Qualys, Tenable, and Rapid7).

Typically, a vulnerability scanner will do some element of discovery in order to identify characteristics of the asset and then use this information to determine which "tests" to try. The "tests" are typically used to identify whether a particular vulnerability/set of vulnerabilities are present on that asset. It is a little bit more targeted than a brute force, but essentially they have a big long list of "tests" and they try each one based on the characteristics they have found.

Lansweeper is different. We correlate the asset information with the vulnerability data using only the data that we have gathered, we don't perform any of those tests I spoke of. Technically, this is called CPE correlation. 

It is typically accepted that CPE correlation is prone to more false positives, having said this though, we have spent a lot of time working on this:

• We have implemented a feature called confidence which removes vulnerabilities from the main list based on whether the CPE we receive from our data provider utilises many wildcards.
  • We have also created our own correlation engine that allows us to cross correlate multiple CPE's together, which is something that isn't common across the industry.
  • We have been working tirelessly for years on our on-the-fly software normalization capabilities that assist us in create our own CPE catalogue for the assets we identify. 
  • We recently partnered with VulnCheck and VulDB who provide us with more accurate data.
  • We only identify vulnerabilities on assets where we the ability to authenticate.

I hope this helps!

P.S. regardless of how you have the scanning setup e.g. agent vs. agentless, as long as we have a way to authenticate, we will identify vulnerabilities. 

davidkbailey
Engaged Sweeper II

Is there a plan for remote access to user devices for support, such as Rustdesk or similar?

I also added this as a new product improvement so we can track the interest from all our customers

Hi @davidkbailey. With Project Playground, we plan to facilitate the customization of the Lansweeper platform and integrations with other tools. Connecting Lansweeper sites to remote access tools is one possible use case. If you want to know more, I can give you a quick presentation and demo. Just write to me at vicente.soriano@lansweeper.com, and I will be happy to share our plans with you.