cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abustraan
Engaged Sweeper III
I've created a copy of the "Software: All installed programs" and added a filter for 3 specific peices of software that make up a specific release.

However, when I run the report, it only shows the number of systems per peice of software and not the systems themselves, unless I click on one of the peices of software listed.

Is there a way to modify the results to show all of the systems and not the count?

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to base your report on "Software: List of software by computer", as "Software: All installed software" does not include computer names.

A sample report can be seen below. Replace YourSoftware1, YourSoftware2 and YourSoftware3 with the names of the software packages you would like to report on.
Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique, tblComputers.Domain, tblSoftware.softwareName As Software, tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version, tblSoftware.SoftwarePublisher As Publisher, Web40OSName.Compimage As icon From tblSoftware Inner Join tblComputers On tblSoftware.ComputerName = tblComputers.Computername Inner Join web40ActiveComputers On tblComputers.Computername = web40ActiveComputers.Computername Inner Join Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Where tblSoftware.softwareName = 'YourSoftware1' Or tblSoftware.softwareName = 'YourSoftware2' Or tblSoftware.softwareName = 'YourSoftware3' Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique, tblSoftware.softwareName, tblSoftware.softwareVersion

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We recommend familiarizing yourself with SQL, as the Lansweeper report builder uses standard SQL queries: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

An overview of WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) classes scanned by Lansweeper can be found in the Configuration/Scanning Setup/Item Wait Time section of the Lansweeper web console. Most database table names mimic their WMI counterparts. For instance: Win32_Operatingsystem data is stored in tblOperatingsystem. If you cannot locate a specific field, please contact us. We would be happy to help.
abustraan
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for the great prompt reply. LanSweeper has so much capability, I just need to go through all of the prebuilt reports and see what they offer and how I can tweak them.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
abustraan wrote:
Thanks for the great prompt reply. LanSweeper has so much capability, I just need to go through all of the prebuilt reports and see what they offer and how I can tweak them.

If you get stuck creating a specific report, please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with your report requirements. We will send you the report.
Jeff
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
abustraan wrote:

If you get stuck creating a specific report, please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with your report requirements. We will send you the report.

I have taken some of the built-in reports and tweaked them with varying degrees of success, but do not have a lot of SQL experience. Is there additional documentation specifically on the Report Builder I can locate, or is there a recommended guide for SQL queries that may be helpful for creating reports? Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to base your report on "Software: List of software by computer", as "Software: All installed software" does not include computer names.

A sample report can be seen below. Replace YourSoftware1, YourSoftware2 and YourSoftware3 with the names of the software packages you would like to report on.
Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique, tblComputers.Domain, tblSoftware.softwareName As Software, tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version, tblSoftware.SoftwarePublisher As Publisher, Web40OSName.Compimage As icon From tblSoftware Inner Join tblComputers On tblSoftware.ComputerName = tblComputers.Computername Inner Join web40ActiveComputers On tblComputers.Computername = web40ActiveComputers.Computername Inner Join Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Where tblSoftware.softwareName = 'YourSoftware1' Or tblSoftware.softwareName = 'YourSoftware2' Or tblSoftware.softwareName = 'YourSoftware3' Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique, tblSoftware.softwareName, tblSoftware.softwareVersion