cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSteele
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I'm interested to find out if there is a way to format the date in a report.

I currently have a simple report showing some very basic information about my systems
Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique, Web40OSName.OSname As [Operating System], Web40OSName.Compimage As icon, tblComputersystem.Manufacturer, tblComputersystem.Model, tblOperatingsystem.InstallDate As [In-Service Date], tblCompCustom.Warrantydate As [Warranty Expires] From tblComputers Inner Join tblComputersystem On tblComputers.Computername = tblComputersystem.Computername Left Outer Join tblOperatingsystem On tblComputers.Computername = tblOperatingsystem.Computername Inner Join web40ActiveComputers On tblComputers.Computername = web40ActiveComputers.Computername Inner Join Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Inner Join tblCompCustom On tblComputers.Computername = tblCompCustom.Computername

The report outputs just fine except the date for the "In-Service Date" and "Warranty Expires" fields shows with m/dd/YYYY along with a timestamp. I'm looking to just have the date show with mm/dd/YYYY. I thought I could use the strftime command but it doesn't let me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jon
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
To convert the warranty date, just use:
Convert(Varchar(10), tblCompCustom.Warrantydate, 101) As [Warranty Expires]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
mdouglas wrote:

Perfect! Thank you very much, I appreciate the help!

Jon