cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwalach
Engaged Sweeper III
We are a school district with over 200 schools. I am compiling a report of all of the Windows Primary Domain Controllers in our district. However I would like to be able to change the report to only show assets from certain regions within the district. We have each schools IP ranges specified as an Asset Group under IP Address Range Locations. Looking for a way to use the Location Name (or Asset Group Name) to only show the assets for a set of schools within a specific region in the school district.
i.e. only show assets for schools whose Location Name (Asset Group name/IP Address Range Location) start with CR

Here is the report I have so far that shows all of the Windows Primary Domain Controllers for the entire district:

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetUnique,
tblAssets.Domain,
tsysOS.OSname,
tblAssets.Description,
tblComputersystem.Lastchanged,
tsysOS.Image As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress
From tblComputersystem
Inner Join tblAssets On tblComputersystem.AssetID = tblAssets.AssetID
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysOS On tblAssets.OScode = tsysOS.OScode
Where tblComputersystem.Domainrole = 5 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This forum topic explains how to correctly link the tsysIPLocations table that stores IP location information to the tblAssets table. Once you've linked the table and ticked the IPLocation field, you can add the following filter to the Criteria column of the field:
Like 'CR%'

Keep in mind that this is standard SQL syntax, not specific to Lansweeper. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Making use of our database dictionary, more information on which can be found here. The dictionary explains in great detail what each table and field stores.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pwalach
Engaged Sweeper III
This worked, thanks so much for your help!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
This forum topic explains how to correctly link the tsysIPLocations table that stores IP location information to the tblAssets table. Once you've linked the table and ticked the IPLocation field, you can add the following filter to the Criteria column of the field:
Like 'CR%'

Keep in mind that this is standard SQL syntax, not specific to Lansweeper. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Making use of our database dictionary, more information on which can be found here. The dictionary explains in great detail what each table and field stores.