cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swanie
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

I have a question about the Recovered license keys data section in Lansweeper.

I’m currently working on a software audit and although using the below SQL I’m finding Microsoft office products such as (Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007). I then find the software is no longer actually installed on the machines I'm auditing . When looking at the main Lansweepers dashboard and against a specific machine, the product and licence keys are contained within the “Recovered license keys area” NOT within the actual software currently installed. Is there a way to omit the historical / Recovered license keys data from being audited ?

Select Top 1000 tblAssets.AssetName,tblAssets.IPAddress,tblAssets.Username, tblSerialnumber.Product, tblSerialnumber.ProductKey
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblSerialnumber On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSerialnumber.AssetID
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1
and tblSerialnumber.Product like '%office%'
and tblAssets.Domain = 'DomainName'
and tblSerialnumber.Product = 'Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007’
and (tblAssets.IPAddress like '192.168.3.%'
or tblAssets.IPAddress like '192.168.4.%' or tblAssets.IPAddress like '192.168.5.%' or tblAssets.IPAddress like '192.168.6.%')

Regards
Swanie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper doesn't actually keep a history of scanned product keys. If certain product keys are listed on an asset's Lansweeper webpage, that means those keys were present in the asset's registry at the time of the last scan.

The only way to prevent Lansweeper from detecting these keys is to delete them from the client machine's registry. To audit software installations, you can build a report based on tblSoftware/tblSoftwareUni instead.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
TblSoftware/tblSoftwareUni contain the same information as your assets' Software tabs. There is a built-in software report called "Software: List of software by computer", which can be found under Dashboard/Reports/All Reports.

As stated previously, software reports will only be accurate if your machines have recently and successfully been rescanned. You can rescan all of your assets by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console, ticking the upper checkbox and hitting the Rescan button on the left. The SOFTWARE item in the asset's Scan Time tab indicates when software information was last rescanned for the machine.
Swanie
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, I’ve included an example from the Lansweeper dashboard page below:

Uptime: 2 days 20 h 51 m
Database:SQL Server
ScanServer: """"Server Name"""" - 5.0.0.78
First seen: 20/06/2013 11:42:20
Last Active Scan: 27/06/2013 16:38:44
Last IP Range Scan: 28/06/2013 12:37:44

I’ve also managed to force a manual re-scan of many different machines and monitored these via the Scanning Queue from start to finish and with no errors.

I understand that the software Tab on the dashboard displays the software installed, but I'm not doing this machine by machine via the dashboard and any SQL I use returns the previously installed machines.

Do you have a basic SQL query example I can run that will only display software still install and that accurately mimics “Add and Remove programs” information of any / all machines on my network?

Regards
Swanie
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you check the Scan Time tab of your assets as instructed? You need to ensure that your assets have recently and successfully been rescanned. You won't see accurate software data otherwise.

The Software tab of an asset's Lansweeper webpage should mimic Add/Remove Programs (Programs & Features) on the asset itself.
Swanie
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Support,

Thanks once again for the reply.

When I talk about the product/licensing keys being referenced, I’m basically attempting to audit software currently installed on any machine within our company. However the SQL I’m using returns results/details of the software and even when it’s been removed/uninstalled, “as per you mentioning“ some software may leave old registry details like a key relating to software previously installed. I’ve used the software tables you’ve mention and have many scripts created to monitor the error logs too. I simply want to be able to use SQL in order to accurately audit the software currently (Not previously) installed on any machine in our network.

However, if I use a query similar to the below, it pulls information about software that is no longer installed. I’ve been through the table you’ve suggested and I’m still having difficulty.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetName,tblAssets.IPAddress,tblAssets.Username, tblSerialnumber.Product, tblSerialnumber.ProductKey
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblSerialnumber On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSerialnumber.AssetID
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1
and tblSerialnumber.Product like '%office%'
and tblAssets.Domain = 'Domain Name'
and tblSerialnumber.Product = 'Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007 Volume license'
and (tblAssets.IPAddress like '192.168.3.%'
or tblAssets.IPAddress like '192.168.4.%' or tblAssets.IPAddress like '192.168.5.%' or tblAssets.IPAddress like '192.168.6.%')

We’re currently running Lansweeper software under an Enterprise - unlimited clients version, am I able to log this info via the forum as a support ticket in order to obtain assistance? Rather than simply having a conversation via the forum. Failing that, I'll log a new support ticket.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you clarify what you mean by "reference to it being on the machine". Are you looking at software installations or at product keys? Software and product key scanning are unrelated.
- Software scanning recreates Add/Remove Programs on the client machine.
- Product key scanning checks several hundred registry locations for product keys.

You will need to check the SOFTWARE and SERIALNUMBER items in the Scan Time tab of your assets' Lansweeper webpages to verify when software and product keys were last scanned. Scanned data will only be accurate if a machine was recently and successfully rescanned. As stated previously, it is also possible for old product keys to be left behind in the client machine's registry.

If an asset’s last scan attempt was unsuccessful, you can see details on the scanning error in the Errors tab of the asset’s Lansweeper webpage. A troubleshooting guide can be found here: http://lansweeper.com/kb/1/troubleshooting-guide.html
Swanie
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

Thanks for the update.

As you can see from the below SQL, I’ve been working with the tables you’ve mentioned as well as the dashboard within Lansweeper. When I drill down further from the results of the below and in particular the “Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007” product. I know the sofrware has been unistalled some time ago and I’ve seached the users machine registry for any reference to the product key. Am I missing something. If the product has been removed, why am I still finding a reference to it being on the machine. As I mentioned, the Lansweeper Dashborad also refers to this as a Recovered Key?

Select Top 1000000 tblSoftwareUni.softwareName As Software,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version,
Count(tblSoftware.SoftwareID) As Total
From tblSoftware
Inner Join tblAssets On tblSoftware.AssetID = tblAssets.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftware.softID = tblSoftwareUni.SoftID
Where tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher Like N'%microsoft%' And
tblAssetCustom.State = 1 And tblSoftwareUni.softwareName like '%visio%'
Group By tblSoftwareUni.softwareName,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion
Order By Count(tblSoftware.SoftwareID) Desc,
tblSoftwareUni.softwareName

Regards
Swanie
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper doesn't actually keep a history of scanned product keys. If certain product keys are listed on an asset's Lansweeper webpage, that means those keys were present in the asset's registry at the time of the last scan.

The only way to prevent Lansweeper from detecting these keys is to delete them from the client machine's registry. To audit software installations, you can build a report based on tblSoftware/tblSoftwareUni instead.