cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koglerh
Engaged Sweeper III
Hey there!

I am looking for a report, showing me the MAC address of all Printers in my database. I could find a report showing all computer MAC addresses but i was unable to modify that report for printers only. Your help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Moved this from the Report Center to Report Requests & Questions. Please note that the Report Center is for posting finished reports, not questions.

A sample report can be seen below. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we would recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder uses standard SQL queries. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Updating to Lansweeper 5.2, if you haven't already. Lansweeper 5.2 includes a database dictionary, which is linked at the top of the report builder.

Select Distinct Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Mac As MainMAC,
tblAssets.Firstseen,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblSNMPInfo.IfMacaddress As NICMAC
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tblSNMPInfo On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSNMPInfo.AssetID
Where tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename = 'printer' And
tblSNMPInfo.IfMacaddress Is Not Null And tblSNMPInfo.IfMacaddress <> '' And
tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.AssetName,
NICMAC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Don't forget to consult the recently added database dictionary, which explains in great detail what each table and field stores. You can use your browser's search function (Ctrl+F) to search the dictionary.
koglerh
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks Susan! Works perfect! I'll take a look in the SQL tutorial, it's nothing realy new for me, but every time i work with it in Lansweeper i am a bit confused on the table names and their contents. But this will come over time!
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Moved this from the Report Center to Report Requests & Questions. Please note that the Report Center is for posting finished reports, not questions.

A sample report can be seen below. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we would recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder uses standard SQL queries. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Updating to Lansweeper 5.2, if you haven't already. Lansweeper 5.2 includes a database dictionary, which is linked at the top of the report builder.

Select Distinct Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Mac As MainMAC,
tblAssets.Firstseen,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblSNMPInfo.IfMacaddress As NICMAC
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID