cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsn7287
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

Firstly, my apologies; I believe I initially posted this request incorrectly in the "Reports" forum topic which is for complete/ finalized reports.

Ok as for my request, I am really hoping someone can help me with this please:

I would like to revise the existing Lansweeper report: "Software: All installed software" to limit the report to capture software applicable only to the following:
1. Computers that have been "Last Seen" within the last 4 months (~120 days).
2. Only computers running desktop versions of the O/S (Win 7 SP1, Win 8 and Win 10).

Below is the original report's code

Select Top 1000000 tblSoftwareUni.softwareName As Software,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher As Publisher,
Count(tblSoftware.AssetID) As Total
From tblSoftware
Inner Join tblAssets On tblSoftware.AssetID = tblAssets.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftware.softID = tblSoftwareUni.SoftID
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Group By tblSoftwareUni.softwareName,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher
Order By Total Desc

I have tried to do this multiple times to edit this report but I keep getting the following error: "Column 'tblAssets.Lastseen' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.". I am sure I am doing something wrong given that my SQL knowledge is pretty limited.

Would someone be able to assist me please? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
altodd
Engaged Sweeper
As another thought, if you add the column to your Group By clause, that solves the immediate problem. Not sure if anything else is wrong upon immediate inspection.
altodd
Engaged Sweeper
dsn7287 wrote:
Hello,

Firstly, my apologies; I believe I initially posted this request incorrectly in the "Reports" forum topic which is for complete/ finalized reports.

Ok as for my request, I am really hoping someone can help me with this please:

I would like to revise the existing Lansweeper report: "Software: All installed software" to limit the report to capture software applicable only to the following:
1. Computers that have been "Last Seen" within the last 4 months (~120 days).
2. Only computers running desktop versions of the O/S (Win 7 SP1, Win 8 and Win 10).

Below is the original report's code

Select Top 1000000 tblSoftwareUni.softwareName As Software,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher As Publisher,
Count(tblSoftware.AssetID) As Total
From tblSoftware
Inner Join tblAssets On tblSoftware.AssetID = tblAssets.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftware.softID = tblSoftwareUni.SoftID
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Group By tblSoftwareUni.softwareName,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher
Order By Total Desc

I have tried to do this multiple times to edit this report but I keep getting the following error: "Column 'tblAssets.Lastseen' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.". I am sure I am doing something wrong given that my SQL knowledge is pretty limited.

Would someone be able to assist me please? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Do you still need help with this? I may be able to help some, my SQL knowledge is growing with how many reports I've had to do.