cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FethS
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
finally I found a way to filter our reports not to show computers marked as ' Non-Active' in Custom Fields.
I was a bit surprised because all modified reports have been empty, means Green.

The cause is that in table 'CompCustom' the only existing records are the computers marked as 'Non-Active'. There are no records for 'Active' computers. When I mark a computer as 'Active' in 'Custom Fields' a record is created.
Is this normal?

I tried to create these records via SQL database scripts. When I execute the following SQL command the Lansweeper console is showing 'Command completed successfully'. But no records are created. SQL command:
INSERT INTO tblCompCustom
(computername)
SELECT computername
FROM tblComputers
where not exists (select * from tblCompCustom)

If I use the INSERT command and VALUES the records will be created.

Is there a way to create the records via SQL commands?

Any support is much appriciated.

Cheers
Sascha
6 REPLIES 6
FethS
Engaged Sweeper
That works fine.
Thanks a lot
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
try this:

Select Distinct dbo.tblComputers.Computername As Computer,
dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Description, dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Caption,
dbo.tblComputers.Lastseen As [Last seen]
From dbo.tblComputers Inner Join
dbo.tblComputersystem On (dbo.tblComputers.Computername =
dbo.tblComputersystem.Computername) Inner Join
dbo.TsysLastscan On (dbo.tblComputers.Computername =
dbo.TsysLastscan.Computername) Left Outer Join
dbo.tblOperatingsystem On (dbo.tblComputers.Computername =
dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Computername) Left Outer Join
dbo.tblSoftware On (dbo.tblComputers.Computername =
dbo.tblSoftware.ComputerName) Left Join
tblCompCustom On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = tblCompCustom.Computername
Where dbo.tblComputers.Computername In (Select TsysLastscan_1.Computername
From dbo.TsysLastscan TsysLastscan_1
Where TsysLastscan_1.CFGname = 'Software') And tblComputersystem.Domainrole <
'2' And
dbo.tblComputers.Computername Not In (Select tblSoftware_1.ComputerName
From dbo.tblSoftware tblSoftware_1
Where
tblSoftware_1.softwareName Like
'Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office
system') And
IsNull(tblCompCustom.State, 1) <> 2
FethS
Engaged Sweeper
Here you go:
Select Distinct dbo.tblComputers.Computername As Computer, dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Description, dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Caption, dbo.tblComputers.Lastseen As [Last seen] From dbo.tblComputers Inner Join dbo.tblComputersystem On (dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblComputersystem.Computername) Inner Join dbo.TsysLastscan On (dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.TsysLastscan.Computername) Left Outer Join dbo.tblOperatingsystem On (dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Computername) Left Outer Join dbo.tblSoftware On (dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblSoftware.ComputerName) Left Outer Join dbo.tblProcesses On (dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblProcesses.Computername) Inner Join tblCompCustom On dbo.tblComputers.Computername = tblCompCustom.Computername Where dbo.tblComputers.Computername In (Select TsysLastscan_1.Computername From dbo.TsysLastscan TsysLastscan_1 Where TsysLastscan_1.CFGname = 'Software') And tblComputersystem.Domainrole < '2' And dbo.tblComputers.Computername Not In (Select tblSoftware_1.ComputerName From dbo.tblSoftware tblSoftware_1 Where tblSoftware_1.softwareName Like 'Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system') And Not tblCompCustom.State = 2
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You don't need to insert these records in table tblcompcustom.

Please post the report query that gives problems.
FethS
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the quick response.
I tried the SQL command:
(computername)
SELECT tblComputers.computername
FROM tblComputers RIGHT JOIN tblCompCustom
ON tblComputers.computername = tblCompCustom.computername
where not exists (select * from tblCompCustom)

Result is saying 'Command completed successfully'. But the records are not created.

If use the following one:
(computername)
SELECT tblComputers.computername
FROM tblComputers RIGHT JOIN tblCompCustom
ON tblComputers.computername = tblCompCustom.computername

then I get the following error message: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Computername', table 'lansweeperdb.dbo.tblCompCustom'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails

As I'm not a SQL guru any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
FethS wrote:

The cause is that in table 'CompCustom' the only existing records are the computers marked as 'Non-Active'. There are no records for 'Active' computers. When I mark a computer as 'Active' in 'Custom Fields' a record is created.
Is this normal?

Yes

finally I found a way to filter our reports not to show computers marked as ' Non-Active' in Custom Fields.
I was a bit surprised because all modified reports have been empty, means Green.

You need to change the join between tblcomputer and tblcompcustom so that all records of tblcomputers are included.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now