cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BUSD
Engaged Sweeper
From almost the moment I installed LS 4 to the moment I stopped the LS service, the server was taxed at 100% CPU usage with process LSASS taking up about 85% - 90% and lansweeper taking up the rest. SQL server was taking up about 1.4GB of memory as well.

If I start the LS service again, CPU usage goes back up to 100% within 30 seconds of starting. It dips for a bit then sits at 100%. I'm assuming these 100% usages are happening when AD Scanning is going on.

I'm using Windows 2008 x64 (non-R2) with SQL Express 2005, one 2.3 GHZ single core CPU (server is a VM on vSphere), and 4 GB Memory. There are also 21 domains in our network and about ~3k workstations.

LS 3.5.2 would sometimes also tax the server at 100% but not constantly. LS 3.5.2 was running on the same hardware as above.

I'm now going to move the installation to a new VM running 2k3 R2 x86 with four 2.3 GHZ cores to see if that helps.
15 REPLIES 15
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The dashboard performance should be better in the latest beta
DGoodwin
Engaged Sweeper
we have @ 450 pc's and @ 65 servers, I am trying sql2008express now.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I found some performance issues on these pages that will be fixed in the next upload.

How many computers are in the database?
DGoodwin
Engaged Sweeper
Yes. If I open any page that I haven't opened before, sqlservr.exe goes to 100% for 3-9 seconds depending on the page.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
DGoodwin wrote:
Yes. If I open any page that I haven't opened before, sqlservr.exe goes to 100% for 3-9 seconds depending on the page.

There is an option somewhere is SQL that defines how many processors to use for each query.
You can try lowering this.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is the 100% caused by the sql server only?
DGoodwin
Engaged Sweeper
I am having the same issue during testing. I found out that if there is any report on the dashboard that takes a bit to calculate (unauthorized software for example, 1000+ items) it taxes the slqservr process at 100% and the machine seems like it freezes until the calculations are done. I have looked at the version of SQL running (2005 express) and even changed the option for memory usage and cache operations within the OS. Same thing happens when I open a computer from searching, SQL process at 100%, then after the page for the computer is loaded it's fast. This 100% process on my end lasts anywhere from 3-9 seconds. I have also tried re-indexing the database and defragging it. I am also using IIS for the page.

I did clear out the 98,000+ entries on the table dbo.tblntlogevent to see if it helped and no luck. I am going to have one of our sql guys look over as well.
BUSD
Engaged Sweeper
I had inputted the subnets for all our sites but disabled them for testing later. All had Ignore windows checked for all. Only one IP scan was enabled. A range of about 1000 numbers. IP scanning schedule was set as default at 00:00:00. I didn't use the scan now button at all. I don't think IP scan was running. About 15 min after I installed LS, it was taxing the CPU. I don't think I had even inputted the IP scan ranges by then. I know I had inputted the domains to scan by that time, though.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is the action screen slow while your server is still at 100%