→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsciarra
Engaged Sweeper
Okay, to clarify I didn't upgrade to 4.0, I did a clean install on a new server.
Due to database corruption in the original lansweeper database I could not migrate to the new server, had to do a clean install.

Install is complete, and my Lansweeper Web Console says Page Cannot Be Displayed. I'm sure there is a real simple solution that I'm missing. IIS is running. Can anyone help, thanks.
15 REPLIES 15
bsciarra
Engaged Sweeper
Adding license.txt worked, thanks.

Having trouble modifying my web.config file to lockdown access to Lansweeper website. I removed my modified web.config and re-added the original default web.config but I am still getting runtime error on website
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
the tools need to be registered on each computer you use separately, or you can place the file "license.txt" inside the folder with the executables
bsciarra
Engaged Sweeper
Okay, thank you for the instructions. I found the lsremote.exe file and registered and it is good. I also turned off the request permission option.

But now my problem is when I go to the lansweeper website and try to do Remote Control it still says I am unregistered. It only says I'm registered when I go to the Lansweeper server and run lsremote.exe. I need this to work from the website, that is what we use, I don't want them going to the server everytime they need to do a remote session.

Let me know how to fix.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Your actions are most likely in the folder lansweeper\actions on your lansweeper server.
There start lsremote.exe, go to the menu and click "register"

To configure the actions open your lansweeper configuration tool and go to custom actions.
bsciarra
Engaged Sweeper
"To register the premium tools, open them and click register in the menu or place a file "license.txt" in the same folder as the executables."

Where do I go to open them and click register? What is the folder where my executables are?

"Lsremote has an optional switch:
/AP = ask permission

remove the switch from the action definition"

Where exactly would I go to remove this switch?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
To register the premium tools, open them and click register in the menu or place a file "license.txt" in the same folder as the executables.

Lsremote has an optional switch:
/AP = ask permission

remove the switch from the action definition.
bsciarra
Engaged Sweeper
Gents, as an update.

I was able to successfully intall Lansweeper 4.0 on a different server. The web console is working correctly, thank you for your help.

Also my premium subscription registration transferred successfully so it is showing that it is a Premium Subscription.

However when I now use the Remote Control function it says it is an "unregistered version" and closes after 60 seconds. It also requires the end user to accept my Remote Control request which it never used to before.

Can you please assist me with this problem - To register my unregistered version of "Remote Control" function and to no require end-users to accept my "Remote Control" request.

Thanks.
bsciarra
Engaged Sweeper
Okay I will skype you later this afternoon
bsciarra
Engaged Sweeper
Okay I was never given an option to unintall just the website portion so it uninstalled the whole thing.
Now I am reinstalling and in my installation error log I am getting "error: cannot open user default database. login failed." and "error: the database 'lansweeperdb' does not exist. use sp_helpdb to show available databases"

I'm pretty lost, do you guys have a phone number I can call.