cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
In our environment, we have several machines that are not part of the domain (so they are not scanned with our OU active scanning), but we still want to scan them regularly. In ver 3.x, I would occasionally connect to each machine and manually run lsclient to update its information in the LS db. However, in ver4, I've set up these machines in the "scheduled scanning" section. However, scanning doesn't seem to hold to the scanning schedule. It appears that these machines are scanned every few minutes, maybe more often than that. I assumed that the time '00:00:00' is actually a time of day--midnight. Or does this setting mean "scan me every xx minutes" where a time of 00:00:00 scans constantly?

perhaps I've set this up incorrectly and there is a better way to handle non-domain computers?
10 REPLIES 10
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please check http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postsm16600_Service-verson-4-0-0-20-released.aspx for an updated service.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
FYI...once I disabled (unchecked) each computer on the "scheduled scanning" tab, the constant scanning did stop.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
no errors in eventlog.txt.

Update: even when I disable the schedule, all 6 machines continue to get scanned. I unchecked all schedule times approx 10 min ago, saved the settings, then while writing this reply, i refreshed the queue...all were in it.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I'll try to reproduce this.
Anny errors in the errorlog.txt file?
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
approx 3min later...all 6 are back in the scan queue.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
as soon as i made my last post, i went and refreshed the scan queue. all 6 boxes were in process of scanning. it's 08:30 local time, shouldn't be scanning now....
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
will a scan item's wait time affect this at all? I had changed one item to '0', and it has been scanned at least twice in the last hour.

Also, I've noticed that these machines are always listed in the "last seen" section of the 'dashboard reports' page. again, it appears to be constantly checking these 6 boxes.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The scanning setup looks ok.
It scans each day at 00:00.
If you stop the service and re-activate it during the day. (or enter a new item during the day) it will also scan the enabled computer from 00:00
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
sure. I tried using the ip scanning, but could never get the configuration set correctly to successfully scan a computer. I have no problems scanning network devices with the ip range scanning.