cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neptune
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I've setup and have been running Lansweeper for a couple of days and I must say it's fantastic! But I have just noticed that with the few Windows XP x64 workstations we have it does not detect some software (in this case AutoCAD 2008 64bit version). Is this a limitation or do I need to change something in my setup?

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
gp29644
Engaged Sweeper
Was there a resolution for this? The applications that run in 32 bit are in the registry location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Where can I add the Wow6432Node so that lansweeper will look in here for installed programs?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
gp29644 wrote:
Was there a resolution for this? The applications that run in 32 bit are in the registry location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Where can I add the Wow6432Node so that lansweeper will look in here for installed programs?

Thanks for this reply, This is something that I need to fix in the next release.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post the following this:
1) Screenshot of add/remove programs
2) Programs missing in Lansweeper
3) Dump of the registry uninstall hive
RockinRiley
Engaged Sweeper
I think a variable needs added of %programfiles(x86)% but I am not sure where to place it.

RockinRiley
Engaged Sweeper
Was there a resolution for this? I see that my software for 64 bit does not fully populate.

I am finding that the software in program files (x86) is the software missing from my inventory. This would be the software that runs in 32 bit mode on my 64 bit servers.

Neptune
Engaged Sweeper
No problems, here is the exported registry.

Thanks for looking into this so quickly!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you do an export from registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" and upload it as a zip file.
I will take a look at it.
Neptune
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, the software is listed in the add/remove software section on both machines.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you go to the control panel/add remove software. Do you see the software listed there?