cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickykwlau
Engaged Sweeper
Hi All,

I am using the Basic Version of Lansweeper and find some problems on using the "Last Logon User" features.

My Company has about 100 computers and I am scanning them by their IP weekly.

Everythings are working fine but it can't log down the username
Every computers last user is my name.

I suppose it should be the each staff name.

Could anyone has idea about it?

how can I enable "scanning when user logon everytimes"? or I can have other method to tackle this problems? thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
rickykwlau
Engaged Sweeper
sorry yes I am using the lsclient.

Does it mean that free version of lansweeper cannot use the "last user" functions?

thanks you.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
rickykwlau wrote:
Does it mean that free version of lansweeper cannot use the "last user" functions?

It can. All scanning methods retrieve user information.

Could you contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- Your web console landing page. You can access your landing page by clicking on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the web console. Please show us the whole page.
- Lansweeper webpage of one problem machine. Please show us the following sections of the page: Actions, Config\User Info\Last Logon, Errors (if it exists).

rickykwlau
Engaged Sweeper
As I know LsPush is only worked for paid version,

but I am just using the basic version.

anyother alternative method? thanks you.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
rickykwlau wrote:
As I know LsPush is only worked for paid version,

but I am just using the basic version.

anyother alternative method? thanks you.

If you are using the freeware version of Lansweeper, you should not be able to use IP Range Scanning at all. The only scanning method supported by the freeware version of Lansweeper is LsClient. All other scanning methods are disabled.

Did you deploy LsClient using a logon script or GPO?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
rickykwlau wrote:
how can I enable "scanning when user logon everytimes"? or I can have other method to tackle this problems? thanks.

Lansweeper only detects users that are found to be logged onto a computer during a scan. To ensure that your machines are rescanned each time a user logs in, it would be best to deploy our LsPush scanning agent using a logon script or GPO.

LsPush is an executable that is run on the client machine and performs a full local scan of the machine. LsPush does not rely on your Lansweeper server to do the scanning. LsPush scan results can be imported, manually or automatically, into your Lansweeper database. LsPush can also be deployed on client machines using a logon script or GPO. An example can be found on page 35 of our online documentation.