cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomE
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,
I have just installed the trail version of your software and I have to say, I am very impressed! Great software!

One question: I have 'active scan' enabled, but I was just wondering when new computers are discovered? I was just doing some tests and started a laptop, but in Lansweeper it is still marked as ‘Not scanned’.

Best regards
3 REPLIES 3
TomE
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you for your quick answer.

The problem is, the laptop was turned off when the software did the first scan (right after installation). At that moment the laptop was marked as ‘not scanned’ (normal, I think?) Now I booted the computer and logged in and I wanted to see if the computer would be picked up by the software.

There is no problem scanning the computer, because when I choose ‘Trigger scan’ in Lansweeper, the computer is scanned perfectly.

Do I need to always scan a computer manually, or is there a way to have it discovered when the computer is started?

Best regards
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
TomE wrote:
Thank you for your quick answer.

The problem is, the laptop was turned off when the software did the first scan (right after installation). At that moment the laptop was marked as ‘not scanned’ (normal, I think?) Now I booted the computer and logged in and I wanted to see if the computer would be picked up by the software.

There is no problem scanning the computer, because when I choose ‘Trigger scan’ in Lansweeper, the computer is scanned perfectly.

Do I need to always scan a computer manually, or is there a way to have it discovered when the computer is started?

Best regards

It will be discovered when you start in.
But is the previous scan was less than 8 hours it won't be rescanned again at that time.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When you click on the computer you will see a detailed error description why it is not scanned, you can troubleshoot the error here: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/troubleshooting-guide.aspx