cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
First let me state my current scanning setup.

LSpush on user logon
LSpush on scheduled task at midnight.
And I would like to also add Active Scanning as well to catch machines with problems running LSpush.

The issue I've noticed is when I turn on Active scanning it queues up every PC in AD. Shouldnt it only queue up the ones that have not been scanned in the last 20 hours?

PS.. LOVE LSpush!! It GREATLY reduced WAN bandwidth used for lansweeper.
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you do the following:
- In the Lansweeper configuration console under Scanning Servers\(name of your server\Active Scanning, uncheck/check "enable active scanning".
- Wait for any scans that are queued up to complete.

Afterwards, contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the following:
- For easy reference, a link to this forum thread.
- Screenshot of your web console landing page. You can access your landing page by clicking on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the web console. Please show us the whole page.
- Output of the report below, preferably in Excel format.
Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.Computer, tblComputers.Domain, tblComputers.Firstseen, tblComputers.Lastseen, tblComputers.Lasttried, tblComputers.Lasttriggered, tblComputers.LastScheduled, tblComputers.LastActiveScan, tsysASDomains.Servername, tsysASDomains.Domainname, tsysASDomains.Netbiosname, tsysASDomains.Firsttime, tblComputers.LastLsPush, tblComputers.Scanserver, Web40OSName.OSname, Web40OSName.SP, Web40OSName.OScode, tblerrors.CFGname, tblerrors.ErrorText, tblerrors.Lastchanged From tblComputers Left Join tsysASDomains On tsysASDomains.Netbiosname = tblComputers.Domain Inner Join Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Left Join tblerrors On tblComputers.Computername = tblerrors.Computername Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Active Scanning queries your domain controllers every 15 minutes for newly logged on machines. Only newly logged on machines that have not been scanned in the last 20 hours are added to the scanning queue by Active Scanning.

LsPush is far less likely to generate scanning errors than Active Scanning. It is immune to firewall and other common scanning problems. If you're using the same LsPush command for all of your machines, the only reason scanning would fail for just some of your machines would be corrupt WMI. If WMI is corrupt on a client, Active Scanning won't be able to scan it either.
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
Only newly logged on machines that have not been scanned in the last 20 hours are added to the scanning queue by Active Scanning.

I have not found this to be true. After I turn on Active Scanning all of my PC's in AD get queue'd up. (takes about 4-5 min for them to all queue up). So I assume the 20 hour flag on Active Scanning doesent take LSpush scans into consideration.