cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
First let me say that I just started using the trial version this week and i'm already hooked!!!! First thing on monday I am going to approch my director and ask we buy it. I have already found tons of issues that will keep our techs busy for months!!

OK. I am a local admin on all the machines under my OUs. (around 3500 PCs). And the scheduled scans are working without issue. BUT I have not seen 1 scan get done or queue up from the active scanning. Is my not being a domain admin keeping the DC and lansweeper apart?

I selected the OUs I want scanned under "Active scanning OU filtering" anything else I'm missing?

Also. My PC's are in groups of 30-100 all connected back to my office by 1 or 2 T1s per group. So bandwith is minimal. Any suggestions on what settings I should use for scanning?
5 REPLIES 5
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
Ok thanks!! Once the numbers stabilized I now have around 20 being scanned at any one time. (increasing the threads to 75 helped a lot also!)
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
I got it!! Works like a charm now.

Its not a big deal, but is there a way to increase the active scanning interval. To say every 12 hours? instead of 8?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MrVal wrote:
I got it!! Works like a charm now.

Its not a big deal, but is there a way to increase the active scanning interval. To say every 12 hours? instead of 8?

No, but it's 8 hours minimum.
Most computers contact the DC only once a day.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MrVal wrote:

I selected the OUs I want scanned under "Active scanning OU filtering" anything else I'm missing?

Make sure you also add the domain these OU's belong to.
MrVal
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm ashamed to admit this.... But I typo'd the netbios name for the domain when I entered it. I'm going to give it another day and see what happens

whoops