cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
We have the premium version and have enabled the active scanning of an OU. However, it seems that the only machines that correctly report DOMAIN and USERNAME information are those that are manually scanned using 'trigger scan'. All others report %userdomain% and %username% until the 'trigger scan' is run--then the correct information is reported. Normal? I assumed the active scanning would get that information.
10 REPLIES 10
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
Several errors on my part: 1. When I added the OU for scanning in the config, I failed to correctly save that information. I didn't realize I wasn't scanning the OU until checking the event log. 2. I found elsewhere in the forums that you must include the Domain information, even if you are using the OU filtering option. So even if I did not have issue #1 above, it still wouldn't have been working. Thanks for the assistance.

You mentioned version 4.0 above...is there an expected release date?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
googoo wrote:
You mentioned version 4.0 above...is there an expected release date?

Not yet announced
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
it appears that i had the active scanning domain/OU misconfigured. It looks like we are now getting username information in the scans. 1 last question on this, is it possible to direct Lansweeper to specific domain contollers as opposed to querying ALL domain controllers? we are in a large organization and are only using lansweeper in part of the domain. other domain controllers are isolated by firewalls and cannot be contacted.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
googoo wrote:
it appears that i had the active scanning domain/OU misconfigured. It looks like we are now getting username information in the scans. 1 last question on this, is it possible to direct Lansweeper to specific domain contollers as opposed to querying ALL domain controllers? we are in a large organization and are only using lansweeper in part of the domain. other domain controllers are isolated by firewalls and cannot be contacted.

Could you please give some details of what exactly that you misconfigured so we can try to prevent this in the future.

Next version (4.0) will allow you to scan only domaincontrollers in a specific site.
The problem is that login dates are not replicated between domaincontrollers so you have to query them all to get the last login date.
If you are sure that your computers never contact certain domaincontrollers then there is no problem.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
What kind of permissions does the service account need in active directory to pull user info? is domain admin access required?

and how is that query different that running the 'trigger scan'?
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
after searching the forums for that error, I'm going to try adjusting the permissions on the lansweeper service account to see if that helps. will post results.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
yes, computer updates seem to working fine. Log check--> we are getting a number of errors like the following: User lookup Unknown error (0x80005000) %USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Are the computers updated normally or are only the users affected?
Please also check your errorlog.txt file for possible errors about user lookup.
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
we were using, until yesterday morning, an SCCM package to run lsclient on each machine. However, since that advertisement was deleted yesterday morning, I would have expected to see more of our approx 900 users in LanSweeper--currently we only have 13 users present in the db.