cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deryk
Engaged Sweeper
Bit of an odd one,

I'm trying out Lansweeper on a small domain of about 65 machines. It's a Windows domain, but also logs onto Novell Netware (an old Netware 5 server) using Novell Client 4.91.

On the whole works great, but there's one thing bugging the users: ever since setting up lsclient.exe via group policy / scripting, a few - seemingly not all machines - are sometimes getting Novell Login prompts after they've logged in. The prompt is preset to Administrator and asks for the password (which doesn't work ... the Novell admin username is 'admin' anyway). If they hit cancel, it pops back up. Hit cancel a second time, and it goes away.

The problem goes away for a few days and then happens again, so I'm guessing it's one of the periodic scans, which are at their default intervals.
I noticed when I witnessed it happen, that there's some sort of drive scan immediately afterwards as after the second prompt is cancelled the floppy drive buzzes.

All the users here have admin rights (it's the only way to get some of our software to work)

There's nothing obvious in the Windows Event Logs.

Connection Tester says WMI is working fine for the affected machines.

Any ideas? Is there some sort of debug log to check?
4 REPLIES 4
Solomon
Engaged Sweeper
We determined that the popup was caused by the Everyone group not having the proper permissions to the Novell printer on the machine. We're actually moving to Windows Printing, so we just deleted the old printers. To buy us more time, we also extended the scan days to 360 for printers.
Solomon
Engaged Sweeper
We're having the exact same issue with several users running Client 4.9 SP1a. That's the one thing they seem to have in common, so we might try upgrading them to NW Client 4.91 SP4.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Solomon wrote:
We're having the exact same issue with several users running Client 4.9 SP1a. That's the one thing they seem to have in common, so we might try upgrading them to NW Client 4.91 SP4.

Does this solve the problem?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
So far you are the only one that has reported this problem.
For debugging you can try using process monitor on the client pc to see what's causing the popup.