cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waterscorpion
Engaged Sweeper
Is there currently any way, or are there any plans to allow assigning of assets to user accounts/people in Lansweeper? It would be extermely useful to be able to add a new device, such as an iPad, and link it to an account. Then, if you search for an employee's account you'll see all devices (Laptop, iPad, iPhone, etc.) assigned to that person.

As of right now I've tried putting their name in the Contact field of a new device, but that field doesn't appear to get picked up when searching the lansweeper database at the top of the screen.
2 REPLIES 2
Waterscorpion
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks, I'll do that. I look forward to seeing that feature someday. 🙂
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Waterscorpion wrote:
Is there currently any way, or are there any plans to allow assigning of assets to user accounts/people in Lansweeper? It would be extermely useful to be able to add a new device, such as an iPad, and link it to an account. Then, if you search for an employee's account you'll see all devices (Laptop, iPad, iPhone, etc.) assigned to that person.

There is currently no built-in functionality for this. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it.

Waterscorpion wrote:
As of right now I've tried putting their name in the Contact field of a new device, but that field doesn't appear to get picked up when searching the lansweeper database at the top of the screen.

That particular field is not searchable, but the Custom1 through Custom10 fields are. We recommend storing your user information in one of these 10 fields. You can rename them in the Lansweeper configuration console under Configuration\Custom Fields.