Archive

This board contains archived posts from the retired Lansweeper Forum and Insiders Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

IP address problem

I am testing lansweeper. On my network peoples IP addresses change all the time.People with notebooks will connect to the wired network at there desk but then get up move and suddenly be on the building wireless. (the wired network is much faster)An...

coop9653 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

upgrade/new install

We currently have a premium license. Can the beta be installed over an existing 4.x install? If this is done, will the final version upgrade over the beta? I seem to remember something about this in the past that the final version would not upgrad...

googoo by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recent Changes

Hi, I've been tasked with creating a change log as part of my appraisal and I found that LanSweeper keeps track of software and hardware changes. Although the "Changes By Type" link give us what we want, I was wondering whether it was possible to vie...

IP range Scanning problem with network printers

Hi all,we have a problem with the ip scan of some network printers: the scan gets stuck on all our Konica Minolta printers. This is the queue:IP scans in queue 32793IP scans running 10 SCAN_192.168.5.250SCAN_192.168.10.192SCAN_192.168.10.217SCAN_192....

Question

HelloPlease I would take a question, how do I put user and password to access the web console (http://myserver/lansweeper)?I would not want anyone to access the data.ThanksHamilton

alusa by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wildcard search expressions - %ca as �

We found through trial and error that % can be used as a wildcard, but today stumbled across a new problem.Lansweeper interprets %ca as �, not the letters 'ca'. So what's the correct expression to search for something that begins with ca?

GDSXIT by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote tools from web interface

None of the 'actions' work from the web interface when run from a machine other than the 'server'.. should they? I am currently evaluating with the premium/trial version.

Scanning HKCU on Windows 7

Hi,Is there a way to scan using Lansweeper registry keys located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER in Windows 7 computers? By default the remote registry service is not started, but I fix that by having a logon script that starts the service. Even with the remote...

pentel by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos