cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kungfupanda
Engaged Sweeper
Our Lansweeper server is set up at HDQ. We have branch offices across the country. Could you explain how Lansweeper avoid to kill the WAN circuit? How many simultaneous scan one Lansweeper server can perform ?
7 REPLIES 7
kungfupanda
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the quick response ! Thanks Cobra7 for your good input !
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
I should point out that we have 4 offsites with WAN connections. Two are only T1 and we have no problems with LS scanning these computers. It takes a while for a full scan but when asked no one down there notices any slowdowns.

If you are worried about initial scan, set the number of clients scaned at one time down low and then start it over the weekend.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
No, one scan (this was the biggest traffic for one machine)
kungfupanda
Engaged Sweeper
"6 megabyte traffic (All sections scanned)"

Dose the 6 megabyte means the traffic genereated by the default 10 simutaneous active scan ?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This thread might give an indication:
http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst960_BandwithClient-to-Server.aspx

It depends indeed on the waittime and the computer's information.
kungfupanda
Engaged Sweeper
How much traffic will be usually generated when scan one single computer? I know it depends on how much info we want to collect and how many software/devices installed on the computer. I was trying to figure out how many concurrent scans we can without killing the WAN.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can set up the concurrent threads with the configuration tool (requires a service restart)