cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jameehub02
Engaged Sweeper
I had a successfull installation of 4.1.0.132 and have been using it during the Premium trial period to track 20 servers and 140 workstations without any WMI errors. The premium version expired and the application has reverted to the freeware version.

I am now receiving WMI errors when I attempt to use the LSClient.exe program to initiate a scan when previous "active" or "IP subnet" scans were successful.

The WMI error is the standard error referenced in the forums as follows:

WMIError: Access is denied 0x80070005 (servername.domain) Scanned by NT Authority\System

Just to be thorough, I checked the WMI settings and they are correct, and I was able to use the Lansweeper provided "Test Connection" tool without problems.

Any ideas ?!? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help ...

5 REPLIES 5
jameehub02
Engaged Sweeper
At this point, will one of the moderators close this thread and mark it as resolved?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Most likely the service is running as "NT Authority\System" and you haven't setup any alternate credentials for the domain.
Lansweeper wrote:
Most likely the service is running as "NT Authority\System" and you haven't setup any alternate credentials for the domain.

Yes! That was it. Once I changed the service creds from the default System account to a domain service account, the scanning worked properly.

Thanks for assistance!

jameehub02
Engaged Sweeper
I am using the LSClient.exe program either during login or initiated manually at a workstation. As I understand the documentation, all other scanning methods are disabled when using the freeware version.
jnelson
Engaged Sweeper III
Are you using the "Trigger Scan" in the Advanced Actions section, or the "Rescan / Full Rescan" in the Scanning Actions section?