cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
comatose
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I have a small question. We created extra lists to display pc's which were not seen in the last 30, 60 & 90 days.
After 90 days we delete the computers from the domain.

Problem is that we have a couple of pc's which are in a offline location and those cannot be removed from the inventory list although they are not scanned frequently.

I tried adding a description in the reg key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\LANMANSERVER\PARAMETERS

srvcomment REG_SZ blablacomment

I found that this was the location where it is inserted in the registry.

Nevertheless, when changing the days to scan for OS from 3 to 0 & rescanning the pc, nothing appeats int he database.

What am I doing wrong?

And one additional question. If I update the value in the SQL database itself & for one reason the pc comes online again, will the manual added value in the SQL db be overwritten by the empty or non existing value in the registry (as I cannot update the registry for these offline pc's)

Many thanks for your replies...
4 REPLIES 4
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni

Nevertheless, when changing the days to scan for OS from 3 to 0 & rescanning the pc, nothing appeats int he database.
What am I doing wrong?

Do you see the scanned date updating for this item?

And one additional question. If I update the value in the SQL database itself & for one reason the pc comes online again, will the manual added value in the SQL db be overwritten by the empty or non existing value in the registry (as I cannot update the registry for these offline pc's)

It will be overwritten in the database.
Maybe it's better to use one of the custom fields.
Lansweeper wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

Do you see the scanned date updating for this item?

It will be overwritten in the database.
Maybe it's better to use one of the custom fields.

I confirm that the scanned date is updated.
(I even deleted the machine from the database in the configurator & rescanned it with
psexec \\%computername% -c scriptje.bat

in the batch file I run lsclient.exe which is installed in NETLOGON share

All scan dates are now todays date as I deleted the pc prior to the scan.

Can you please give me some more info regarding the custom fields? How can I use them? Can I easily add this column in my manually created reports?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
comatose wrote:

Can you please give me some more info regarding the custom fields? How can I use them? Can I easily add this colomn in my manually created reports?

On the computer screen you see a tab "custom fields"
To use this in your reports link tblcomputers to tblcompcustom
Lansweeper wrote:
comatose wrote:

Can you please give me some more info regarding the custom fields? How can I use them? Can I easily add this colomn in my manually created reports?

On the computer screen you see a tab "custom fields"
To use this in your reports link tblcomputers to tblcompcustom

Many thanks. It works !