cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgarrihy
Engaged Sweeper
Using ver 4.0, checked the error log, database connection errors, checked the following, was able to use sql management to login into database, web config has correct password, ran sqlcmd to unlock lansweeper user. Tried individual scan and Ip address range, no updates, and no database connection errors in log.
6 REPLIES 6
dgarrihy
Engaged Sweeper
Used Management console,login failed for user lansweeperuser:[client:<local Machine>]
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
dgarrihy wrote:
Used Management console,login failed for user lansweeperuser:[client:<local Machine>]

I suggest logging in with another user and resetting (or unlocking) the lansweeperuser account.
dgarrihy
Engaged Sweeper
After using the sqlcmd commands, still unable to scan. Checked the error log, has the following message;Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 8. I am new to using sqlcmd commands, how do I start collecting the login failure info.
Thanks
dgarrihy
Engaged Sweeper
When I restart the services, get the error messages Cannot connect to database, check your config file, service will be stopped
Login failed for user 'lansweeperuser'.

I have checked the web.conf and the ls config file, both have the correct password.

Any other file I should be checking?
When I log into the configuration, database, error message received account locked, used sqlcmd to unlock password.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
dgarrihy wrote:
When I log into the configuration, database, error message received account locked, used sqlcmd to unlock password.

Did it work after unlocking?
you can log failed sql logon attempts to find the cause of the lockout.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you try restarting the service?
What was the last entry in the errorlog file?