cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
primeillusion
Engaged Sweeper
Hello LanSweeper forum!

Our corporate network has been struck by the Conficker virus, which copies itself across the network and disables certain services.

There are several tools at our disposal for diagnostics, but since it's hard to detect we'd like to use as many as possible. Including LanSweeper!

I'd like to check whether certain services are running on my machines. For the moment it's important to see whether the BITS-service and the Automatic Update Service (wuaudt/wuauserv) are running. The registry doesn't contain info on whether the service is enabled or disabled as far as I can tell.

How would I go about creating a custom report that can give me this information?

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
primeillusion
Engaged Sweeper
Ah, never mind, we used the built-in "Automatic updates not working" and the BITS-script you posted and just compared the two in Excel. Works, too! Thanks!
primeillusion
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you.

Copying and pasting this report gives me 1019 results, when there are only 155 computers not running the automatic update service. I want to make both services conditional for the report, so only those computers not running BITS and also not running Automatic Updates will show. Is this possible?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Try this:

Select Top 1000000 dbo.tblComputers.Computername,
dbo.tblComputers.ComputerUnique, dbo.tblComputers.Domain, Web40OSName.OSname,
tblcomputers.description, dbo.tblServices.Startmode,
dbo.tblServices.Lastchanged, Web40OSName.Compimage As icon
From dbo.tblComputers Inner Join
dbo.tblServices On dbo.tblComputers.Computername =
dbo.tblServices.Computername Inner Join
dbo.web40ActiveComputers On dbo.tblComputers.Computername =
dbo.web40ActiveComputers.Computername Inner Join
Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = dbo.tblComputers.Computername
Where dbo.tblServices.Name = 'bits'
Order By dbo.tblComputers.Computer

Lower the waittime for services to 1

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now