cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QNS
Engaged Sweeper
I've used the GUI to permanently delete computers but they still show up in custom reports.

They also appear in the actual computer table.

How do i get rid of these?
14 REPLIES 14
QNS
Engaged Sweeper
Perfect!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can delete them using the following command:

delete from tblcompcustom where computername not in (select computername from tblcomputers)
QNS
Engaged Sweeper
Until 4.0 is out of Beta, is there a way to clean these up?

When the tables are linked in 4.0, will any new scanned machines appear in CompCustom table without having to be edited?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
In 3.5 table tblcompcustom and tbladcomputers aren't linked.
In version 4.0 we changed this behaviour.
QNS
Engaged Sweeper
So I was able to replicate ths issue and have narrowed it down.

A machine shows up in the GUI and I edit the the custom fields tab. This enters it into the CompCustom table (the machine doesn't appear to be entered into that table until you edit it which is an annoyance).

I delete the machine from the GUI console, giving it a 10 minute time out.

The machine is deleted from the Computers table but not the CompCustom table.

When running reports that use the CompCustom table e.g. Last Patched Date, the deleted machine still shows up.

If you drill down into the machine, you get the error below.

So it seems the delete query is not removing the machine from the CompCustom table.

Thoughts?

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no row at position 0.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.]
System.Data.RBTree`1.GetNodeByIndex(Int32 userIndex) +1553670
System.Data.RBTree`1.get_Item(Int32 index) +19
System.Data.DataRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) +11
ASP.it_compdetail_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +1007
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +256
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +19
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1266

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can try the following query

delete from tblcomputers where computername not in (select computername from tbladcomputers)
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
I just noticed this behavior too when I deleted about 100 computers from Lansweeper. The comptuers are no longer listed in the inventory in the Lansweeper configuration utility but they still show up in some reports.

After a little digging it turns out the reports that use tblADComputers still show the "deleted" computers because when you delete a computer from the Lansweeper interface the computer is never actually removed from the tblADComputers table.

I need to find a good way to delete these.

Sebouh
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you please post a screenshot of this behaviour.
Which version of Lansweeper are you running?
QNS
Engaged Sweeper
They don't exist in the gui only in the db & reports. I can't select them for deletion as they aren't there.

drilling down on one from a report causes an ASP error.