cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
Not really a custom action, but I've created a deployment tool that scans the specificied domain for computers, creates a c:\temp folder, copies the lsclient to that folder, and executes it. It lists the computers with checkboxes, so you can select multiple computers (as well as buttons that let you select all and clear all).

If anyone is interested in this tool, let me know and I'll clean up the code (some of it is hard-coded) and upload it. It requires the latest .Net framework and psexec.exe

Edit : lastest version attached below.
32 REPLIES 32
Zenta_Mumbai
Engaged Sweeper
Hey you have created good deployment tool. Pls. send accross to me at psinha@zenta.com. Once again good job done!!!!!
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
OK, apparently what I'm trying to do is impossible. I'm re-uping the latest working copy, due to the sudden renewal in interest.

Be sure to read the Readme.txt
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
I'm working on some fixes for this right now (the username shows as the person running the deployment tool, rather than the local user). PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you the updated version as soon as it's done.

Incidentally, does anyone know how to have psexec execute a process as the local user? I've thought of grabbing the owner of explorer.exe and plugging that into the -u option of psexec, but if anyone has a better way feel free to say something.

Edit : that didn't work. requires the user's password. Back to the drawing board.
kaarde
Engaged Sweeper III
Nice work! The fact the list is now sorted really helping.
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
Heh, someone else e-mailed me wanting the same thing. I also included a count of total computers and how many you have checked. The updated version (as of 8-21-08) is attached to this reply.

EDIT : Do not download this version. Get the one located on the next page. For some odd reason it's not letting me delete this one.
kaarde
Engaged Sweeper III
Just tryed it, it worked but for my test i dicided to go with only 1 computer just to see but it took like 10 minutes just to find the comp i wanted to test with. I think you should consider sorting the list of computer. Else this is a really nice effort!!

Keep it up
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
OK, I got to it sooner than I thought I would. It's attached to the OP. I also fix a couple of minor bugs.

One known issue, though, is that the computers will always show the current username as whatever user you run the deployment tool as, instead of who is actually logged in.
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
It was built on a 1680x1050 monitor, but I thought I had left enough room for it to work with lower resolutions. I'll resize and re-post. Give me a couple of days, though. Looks like we're going to be busy here for a while.
dion3537
Engaged Sweeper
What resolution did you build this for? I can't see the bottom of the app...
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
I apologize for the delay. For some odd reason, I posted this right before I went on vacation, and while I was on vacation we got hit by lightning...twice. I'll get this to everyone as soon as I have the time to.