cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dstjames
Engaged Sweeper
I noticed that lan sweeper has not been scanning any computers so I went in and looked and I think it was because a while ago we changed our domain admin password. So I changed the admin password in lansweeper to the correct id and password and restarted lansweeper but its still not scanning. Oh I should mention I am a premium user so I have active scanning enabled.

So I checked and there is a newer version out so I thought I would upgrade. I am currently on 4.0.0.116 so i downloaded the newest 4.0.0.37. I installed it doing an upgrade and it acts like everything works but when I go into the configuration utility it still says its 4.0.0.116 in the upper left corner and scanning is still not working.

I look in the logs and i am getting this error: The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance SQLLANSWEEPER is not valid.

Anyone have any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
dstjames
Engaged Sweeper
I figured it out. The service wasnt starting because the service was set to use the admin password that had changed as well. Once I changed the password on the service and started it then everything started to work.

thanks for the nudge in the right direction.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
4.0.0.116 is the version of the configuration tool
4.0.0.37 is the version of the service.
When you start the service there is an errorlog.txt file located in the service folder.
dstjames
Engaged Sweeper
Where is the errorlog.txt file located? i see an install.log file but I cant find the errorlog.txt.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you post your errorlog.txt file please.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now