cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dirkv
Engaged Sweeper
Hello all,

I am a Premium User and installed LS 4.0.0.24 on Windows 2003R2std+MSSQL2005 from scratch in a multiple domain forest e.g. "parent.net".

The overall scanning is initiated during the login script using "lsclient.exe + IP address".

The Active Directory info belonging to all users and computers in several child domains e.g. "user1.child1.parent.net" is discovered correctly, while it did not for the dedicated LanSweeper server "ls1.parent.net".

I also have this problem for a trusted single domain forest. The users and computers were scanned successfully but without returning the A/D info.

All required credentials and related netbios domain names are correctly configured.

Many thanks in advance for any hint
DirkV.
5 REPLIES 5
dirkv
Engaged Sweeper
Dear all,

with a little delay, I can mention the problem is solved meanwhile.

1) I made manually a connection on the LanSweeper server to the trusted forest using the net use command and the appropriate credentials. From that time the LSserver could access and scan all workstations in that trusted domain.

2) Finally I found the root cause. In the home forest there had been a DNS entry created in the very past, before the trusted forest was created, with same name as this forest but pointing to a web server instead of a domain controller. After removing this conflicting DNS entry the problem was finally solved.

I also would like to thank the LanSweeper support team for the hints and tips.

Best regards
dirkv.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you please mail us the exact domain names and a screenshot of your config, this will be easier to find the problem.
dirkv
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

the first part of the posted problem is solved. Now the A/D info of the LS server (= LSserver1.parentdomain.net) has been retrieved correctly. Apparently I forgot to configure the credentials for the parent domain.

Although the credentials were already defined for "parentdomain2.net", this error still appears when performing a scan with LSclient.

7/05/2010 14:08:09: AD cleanup parentdomain2 The specified domain does not exist or cannot be contacted.
7/05/2010 14:14:35: parentdomain2\CNNGBMS3$ Active directory computer lookup Unknown error (0x80005000)
7/05/2010 17:53:34: parentdomain2\CNNGBMS3$ Active directory computer lookup Unknown error (0x80005000)

info:
- parentdomain = domain with a lot of child domains in a multiple domain forest
- parentdomain2 = trusted single domain forest. parentdomain2 is the only domain in the second forest.

Any further hints?

Regards
DirkV.
dirkv
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I found the following errors in the log file:

7/05/2010 14:05:06: Premium version
7/05/2010 14:05:12: parentdomain\LSserver1$ Active directory computer lookup Unknown error (0x80005000)
7/05/2010 14:08:09: AD cleanup parentdomain2 The specified domain does not exist or cannot be contacted.
7/05/2010 14:14:35: parentdomain2\CNNGBMS3$ Active directory computer lookup Unknown error (0x80005000)
7/05/2010 17:53:34: parentdomain2\CNNGBMS3$ Active directory computer lookup Unknown error (0x80005000)

info:
- parentdomain = domain with a lot of child domains in a multiple domain forest
- parentdomain2 = trusted single domain forest. parentdomain2 is the only domain here in the second forest.

I also attached the complete log file.

Any idea how how to solve?

Thanks again.
DirkV.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Any errors in the errorlog.txt file?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now