→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Has anyone else had duplicate devices entered into the database after an upgrade.

I've noticed this on some printers and network switches.
I believe they may be devices that I have manually locked some fields to keep them in some catagories.

In printer cases I've noticed the NEW device had an extra SNMP entry (oid i think)
some other devices had the MAC address added on the new device entry.

To make things simple I've just deleted all DUPES now and am rescanning, but I could see this as annoying in the future.

6 REPLIES 6
_JasonB_
Engaged Sweeper
Does this affect both devices and computers? And if so how do I know which duplicate device/computer to delete?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
_JasonB_ wrote:
Does this affect both devices and computers? And if so how do I know which duplicate device/computer to delete?

This should only affect devices.
You can delete the devices with the oldest "First seen" date.
AuxMax
Engaged Sweeper

Oh this stinks...I was wondering why my device count nearly doubled.

Will both entries continue to update stats or does the MAC address detected device supercede the previously discovered device?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
AuxMax wrote:
]does the MAC address detected device supercede the previously discovered device?

Yes.

Copying over custom field information will have to be done mostly manually. (You could delete the new device entries and change the primary key for the old devices to the MAC addresses of the new ones, but this is still a manual process.)
Ponchohobono
Champion Sweeper
I have this same issue. However, I have some custom information (barcode, location, serial number, warranty, etc.) tied to the original that I will lose if I delete it. Is there anyway to copy it over?
Thanks, Patrick http://patrickhoban.wordpress.com
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Version 4.2 of Lansweeper scans devices using their MAC address. This change is what is causing the duplicates. This is a one-time occurrence after upgrading. You can manually delete the duplicates and they will not return.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now