→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plangham1
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

Fairly new to LANSweeper but are finding a few issues the main one being that we are getting duplicate entries for scanned laptops.

The main reason for this i believe is that these machines are scanned via login script which fine when the user is stationed from one office/location but our users move about and this means that when they go to another office/VPN the ip subnet changes and we then get 2 entries on LANSweeper for the same device, is there anyway to rememdy this?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
plangham1
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

I have recently removed a load from the database so will need to wait for more to populate, as soon as they do I will forward you the screenshots.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- Your web console landing page. You can access your landing page by clicking on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the web console. Please show us the whole page.
- The duplication behavior you are describing. Please show us both Lansweeper webpages that exist for a single machine.

IP addresses are not used as unique computer identifiers, so an IP address change should not result in a new computer entry.
plangham1
Engaged Sweeper
No, they simply logging on at another office, to be honest this happens more when the script is run when users logs onto our VPN where the login script also runs on authentication and the only difference I can see is the ip address subnet.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Are these laptops moving from one domain/workgroup to another?