cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
12345678qqqq
Engaged Sweeper
I have a question!

we have in our company many different computer! The most have win xp sp2 32 bit german! But we have workstation computers, domain computers, 32 bit, 64 bit, english versions, mui-version and so on.....

i have everything quite work well.....

i found out how to handle with wokstation computers, normal domain computers verything works fine, all datas are collected.....

but...

the 64 bit versions of our computers does not collect any datas except of the computername.....

i tried the connection tester.. it says everything is ok....
i read the whole forum.... looked at dcom, dns, firewall off, remoteadmin enable, remoteregistry and so on...

the errormessage in the errorlog is:

06.05.2008 08:23:09 : 1164DISCO
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072116): Namensübersetzung: Der Name wurde nicht gefunden, oder es fehlen Rechte zum Anzeigen des Namens. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Lansweeper30.sweeperthread.LSADusersearch(clsComputer mycomputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)

i hope someone can help me....

2 REPLIES 2
12345678qqqq
Engaged Sweeper
thank you for your very fast and precise answer....

you are right....

i took the local user account to start the service... now i changed it into the domain account and now everything works fine.....

thanks a lot for your help.....

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you go to the web error page of the computer, do you see any errors listed.

this error
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072116): Namensübersetzung: Der Name wurde nicht gefunden, oder es fehlen Rechte zum Anzeigen des Namens. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)

Is caused by the service unable to look up the useraccount in active directory