cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaime
Engaged Sweeper
Hello.

Could somebody explain respect to error that appear with RPC Server unavailable and WMI access denied how do make for repair this error? because I used the step that have the manual on enable any options for this service but the computers that I make continue appear inside this service.

I hope your Can help me about its? and Can understand to me.

Regards.

10 REPLIES 10
TomBreit
Engaged Sweeper
A casual read through this thread will show that I ran the "netsh firewall show state" and reported the results above. The windows firewall, again, is turned off by group policy. And, again, pinging by name and IP address works properly; the DNS is running properly on the network. And, as I said above, I am not running any third party firewalls. As it happens, I'm the LAN administrator here, and so I have a vague awareness of what is and isn't running on my own PC.

It appears that the freeware version of Lansweeper isn't going to work, and there is no provision for understanding why, and there is no support for addressing the question of whether the premium version WILL work.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
TomBreit wrote:
It appears that the freeware version of Lansweeper isn't going to work, and there is no provision for understanding why, and there is no support for addressing the question of whether the premium version WILL work.

If the connection tester gives an RPC error the premium version won't work either (or any other software that uses WMI).

Could you please post:
A list of installed software on the client.
Screenshots of the forward and backward ping.
Telnet to the computername to port 135
Screenshots that DCOM is enabled and the service is running (as seen on http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/accessdenied.aspx)

(you can also mail them to lansweeper@hemoco.com)

This is not really a lansweeper issue but a WMI/configuration problem.
TomBreit
Engaged Sweeper
AND, when I run the connection test on the workstation, pointing to the server, it succeeds.

I forgot to mention, it IS 2008 R2.
TomBreit
Engaged Sweeper
running the connection test ON the server, pointing to the computer, I get the response:
remote wmi test
------------------------
\root\cimv2 Remote WMI access test FAILED
The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

Remote Registry test using WMI
-------------------------
\root\default Remote WMI access test FAILED

Pinging the workstation from the server, by netbios name and by IP address, both work.

The server it's running on is Windows Server 2008 64-bit, with SQL Server 2005.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
TomBreit wrote:
running the connection test ON the server, pointing to the computer, I get the response:
remote wmi test
------------------------
\root\cimv2 Remote WMI access test FAILED

Remote Registry test using WMI
-------------------------
\root\default Remote WMI access test FAILED

Pinging the workstation from the server, by netbios name and by IP address, both work.

The server it's running on is Windows Server 2008 64-bit, with SQL Server 2005.

Make sure that the workstation resolves to the correct ip address (try ping -a ipaddress)
On the workstation type: "netsh firewall show state" copy/paste the result here.
Look on the workstation for any third party firewalls (cisco,zonealarm,...)
TomBreit
Engaged Sweeper
lsclient servername /showresult yields:
connecton to server succeeded.

netsh firewall show state yields:
The service has not been started.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
TomBreit wrote:
lsclient servername /showresult yields:
connecton to server succeeded.

The connection tester is a separate program which you should find in your start menu.

What is the exact error message you get?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Which error does the connection tester give?

Could you try on the machine: "netsh firewall show state" and post the output please.
TomBreit
Engaged Sweeper
I just downloaded and installed the freeware product this morning, and am having the same problem on the two workstations I've run lsclient on. in our case, windows firewall is disabled by group policy, and I've doublechecked that it's not running. We don't have any third party firewalls installed. RPC and WMI are running on both the server and the workstations.

Will we have a similar problem with the Premium version?

Thanks.