cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
essdeeay
Engaged Sweeper
I've searched the forum and the only answer I found (from 2009) was, "this will be implemented in version 4".

I would like to ignore all minor version differences of software and treat them all as one. Can it be done yet?

Also, we only have a smallish network but there are 1,296 software titles listed - I can't manage this many! Can some be set to "ignore" - things like the standard Microsoft .NET stuff which is free anyway?

Many thanks,
Steve
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
essdeeay wrote:
I would like to ignore all minor version differences of software and treat them all as one. Can it be done yet?

The standard report "Software: All installed software" and the "Software overview" webpage take software versions into account, listing each version as a separate entry.
You can however create your own report where all software entries of the same name are grouped together. Simply do not include the version field in your query.

Example:

Select Top 1000000 tblSoftware.softwareName As Software,
tblSoftware.SoftwarePublisher As Publisher, Count(tblSoftware.ComputerName) As
Total
From tblSoftware Inner Join
tblComputers On tblSoftware.ComputerName = tblComputers.Computername
Inner Join
web40ActiveComputers On tblComputers.Computername =
web40ActiveComputers.Computername
Group By tblSoftware.softwareName, tblSoftware.SoftwarePublisher
Order By tblSoftware.softwareName

essdeeay wrote:
Also, we only have a smallish network but there are 1,296 software titles listed - I can't manage this many! Can some be set to "ignore" - things like the standard Microsoft .NET stuff which is free anyway?

It is not currently possible to ignore certain software packages during scanning. We will add this to our customer wish list.