cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warlib
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I would like to have report like typical info about notebooks

http://lansweeper/default.aspx?item=cust&det=web40getChassis&@Chassis=10&title=Computers%20with%20chassis%20Notebook

but rows should be joined using device hardware UUID or MAC address. Now when we generate report we have the situation when one notebook exists in the list of notebook twice or even more times. E.g. if we change computer name/IP address. It's not right thing, I suppose.

Please help find which report I should change to get such result. If you can offer correct SQL request - it would be quite good.

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
These default reports can help you:

Computer: Duplicate MAC addresses
Computer: Duplicate service tag

We recommend keeping the same computer name during it's entire lifecycle.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It's not really a sql problem.
When you rename the computer you should remove the old computer (name) in lansweeper.
Warlib
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
It's not really a sql problem.
When you rename the computer you should remove the old computer (name) in lansweeper.

It's manual work. Wу have a lot such renaming, so it's a lot of work and high mistakes probability. I believe it would be better if report make it automatically, because Lansweeper has enough information to determinate the same PC. Could you help me to determinate which SQL viewer deals with this report? I mean report where list of notebooks are shown. I would like to fix it in right way.

Thank you.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you please post your SQL.

Most likely the problem is with docking stations.
These computers have 2 chassis: portable & dockingstation
Best way to solve it is to exclude the dockingstation from the report.
Warlib
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
Could you please post your SQL.

Most likely the problem is with docking stations.
These computers have 2 chassis: portable & dockingstation
Best way to solve it is to exclude the dockingstation from the report.

I use standard Lansweeper report. E.g. http url: http://lansweeper/default.aspx?item=cust&det=Web40findbyvendorandmodel&title=Computer model Hewlett-Packard HP+Compaq+6910p+(GB949EA%23ACB)&@vendor=Hewlett-Packard&@model=HP+Compaq+6910p+(GB949EA%23ACB)

Info get from System product bookmark

Computer name: Vasilyev
Name: HP Compaq 6910p (GB949EA#ACB)
Vendor: Hewlett-Packard
IdentifyingNumber: CND8084ZV6
UUID: 22258E35-E47E-11DC-9FA0-6699100D9929
Version: F.0A
Date: 17.06.2010 12:28:01

MAC Lan card: 00:1B:38:FB:28:B0
MAC WiFi card: 00:1D:E0:BD:8B:8F

and the same notebook

Computer name: Shablon-6910p
Name: HP Compaq 6910p (GB949EA#ACB)
Vendor: Hewlett-Packard
IdentifyingNumber: CND8084ZV6
UUID: 22258E35-E47E-11DC-9FA0-6699100D9929
Version: F.0A
Date: 17.06.2010 11:22:01

MAC Lan card: 00:1B:38:FB:28:B0
MAC WiFi card: 00:1D:E0:BD:8B:8F

So, you can see, that MAC addresses of notebooks are the same. This notebook works without portbar, but exists probability, that the guy sometimes connect via WiFi instead of wire (LAN) connection.

Firstly we restore from image OS for Shablon-6910p and Lansweeper detect this notebook and store information about it in database. Then we change computer name to Vasilyev, and lansweeper detect this notebook again and store information about the notebook again. So, in the list of notebook 6910p we can see two rows corresponding one notebook. It's wrong thing I suppose. Could you recommend me how and where I should change SQL request to proper display information about computers without duplication.

Thank you.