cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmckinn
Engaged Sweeper
Help please; I am trying to install Lansweeper on a Windows 2003 server. I get an error during the installation which reads 'Error [SC] StartService: OpenService FAILED 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.' The database and website components installed successfully.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Walt
10 REPLIES 10
wmckinn
Engaged Sweeper
Great! Thank you. I will download it again next week and try it out.

Walt
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The new installer should be ready by the end of this weekend
wmckinn
Engaged Sweeper
Has the fix for this problem been released yet? I wanted to take another stab at loading it, but the last set-up file I downloaded gave me the same issue. I have used Spiceworks for a few days now but would still like to compare it with Lansweeper; if only I could get it to install properly!

Walt
mkarsten
Engaged Sweeper
I had the same issue. On my install, it simply didn't setup the account I wanted it to run with to be able to run anything as a service. To fix, I jumped into services, found the "Lansweeper Server" service. Went into Properties, "Log on" Tab, reset up the account and Windows properly registered the account to be able to execute services.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We found out that's it's a bug in the installer and we are working on a patch
wmckinn
Engaged Sweeper
Since this issue has not been resolved, I had to find an alternate solution. I have discovered Spiceworks.com. Their product works great and requires no special configuration. (Oh, and it's free also).

Walt
wmckinn
Engaged Sweeper
Okay, thanks. I have attached the screen shot.

Walt
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
On the right of you screen there is a button called "attach" just before edit
wmckinn
Engaged Sweeper
This is the only error I am getting. I am installing it on a Windows 2003 server (service pack 2).

Sorry, but I cannot figure out how to post a screen shot of the error.

Walt