cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wigneys
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help. I've installed (or, nearly installed) Lansweeper on Server 2008 (I'm not sure it's even supported?) and the service appears to be running, however I'm getting a weird IIS error when I try to go to the website. I'm not very familiar with IIS 7 so I'm hoping someone can help me understand why I'm getting a 404.17 error ("The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler"). ASP.NET is running so I can't work out why IIS is not recognising *.aspx as ASP.NET content. The server is serving a regular ASP website quite successfully... Can anyone shed any light?
thanks,
Steve.
4 REPLIES 4
aliby
Engaged Sweeper
Even with the above error, I was able to get this working just fine.

The installer did not create the virtual directory for the LanSweeper website so I had to go in and create that manually. I also then had to install the ASP.NET AJAX 1.0, available here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en

After this was done, I restarted IIS and still had a server error. I had to convert the virtual directory to an application. To do this, right click on the virtual directory in the Internet Information Services Manager and then select convert to application or something along those lines.

My directions above should be the steps necessary to get the LanSweeper website up and running. I am doing it all from memory (without looking at my Win2k8 server) so they may be a bit off. Please let me know if you have any further questions or need any assistance. I'd be glad to help.

Regards,

-Aliby
aliby
Engaged Sweeper
When attempting to install the LanSweeper website, I get the following error before the install is complete:

IIS Configuration
Error: Microsoft IIS is not installed. Error: Invalid class string
IIS Configuration
Error: Error connecting to IIS Server. NIL Interface Exception

When in fact IIS is installed -- Version 7.

Any thoughts?

-Aliby
aliby
Engaged Sweeper
I am also going to attempt to install this on Server 2008 later today and will let you know how it goes.

-Aliby
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I've never tried installing on windows2008 but i'll give it a try next week