→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
symc_gist
Engaged Sweeper
I purchased a premium version of LANSweeper and have used the IP Range scanning mode to generate an inventory list at my place of employment. For some reason, repeated scan results have missed some hosts. This is odd because the expectation for a /22 network was that nearly all IPs had been used. In the case of one host, I created an IP range that was limited to its single IP. I also confirmed that the missing host could be pinged from the LANSweeper server. Ping did in fact work. The repeat scan, however, was not successful. It was not until I entered the corresponding scanning credentials for this missing host that it was eventually scanned. I am wondering why some hosts/devices are successfully polled at least by name to indicate their presence. Ideally, the objective is to generate a list of all scanned devices without the need for all credentials - at least for the preliminary inventory scan. Is there a way to ensure that all devices are scanned in order to know if all IPs are actually all used in the respective /22 network?
4 REPLIES 4
symc_gist
Engaged Sweeper
Fantastic! Thank you for the reply. 🙂
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
beginning of september?
symc_gist
Engaged Sweeper
That's great news! Thank you for getting back to me.

Do you have a rough estimate on the targeted release for LANSweeper version 4.2?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
"Access denied" are currently dropped, version 4.2 (currently in beta) will change this.