→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcrockett
Engaged Sweeper
I understand that a user must log into a system for it to be populated with data from AD. I have a situation in my new implementation of 4.0 where many of my user accounts are not even findable within lansweeper, but when viewing their computers directly I can see that the user account is shown in the user logon history for that machine.

The account that is shown as the currently logged on user is an auto update service account that is another internal service account. <-this is annoying but probably something on our end.

The part that doesn't seem to be on our end is that the users are logged on and have been detected as logged on in that history, so shouldn't Lansweeper find and scan their user accounts from AD?

When I try to search for the affected user names nothing is found - which also means that all the user OU reports are incomplete.

I have tried a trigger scan, full rescan, and rescan on a few affected machines. (I also later upgraded to the new beta version today and tried that.)

We have a logon script that runs when any domain user logs on. The old 3.5 implementation doesn't seem to have this problem.

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you please mail us screenshots/details of the non-detected user problem.
sisman
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
in order not to open new topic, I will ask here.
Is this changed maybe?
I also have users which are logging on to computers regularly, but I don't see them in User OU overview?
rainit
Engaged Sweeper
Just wanted to say we have the same issue. Looking forward to the new version fix. Thanks for bringing this up.
pcrockett
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks! Hopefully that is soon! In the mean time I'll try to find a workaround.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This feature is planned for version 4.2

You will be able to select user OU's to synchronize each night.
pcrockett
Engaged Sweeper
I'd estimate that about 25% of the users aren't searchable because of this.

Is there going to be a "scan all users from AD" option any time soon to remedy this for the Lansweeper admins like me who have scripted services that run as an alternate user on login?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper is scanning all the users found on at the computer and stores them in the database but the active directory lookup is only performed for the last found user.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The account that is shown as the currently logged on user is an auto update service account that is another internal service account.

This is the cause of the problem, only the last logged on user is scanned from active directory.

What is the name for this software, we will try to reproduce it.
Lansweeper wrote:
only the last logged on user is scanned from active directory.

This makes sense, but why would it also show the actual user logon in the past in the history list, but not have scanned the user account? Is that pulling from somewhere else than the "last logged on user"?

I attached a screenshot showing that two user accounts are found on each scan, but only the "auto update service" is findable in the search bar or user OU breakdown.

Thanks!