cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
Okay Lansweeper from what ican see in functioning correctly. It is just simply not collecting data. I also notice that there is a way to schedule scans, but it only allows me to enter in one computer name at a time. Is there a way to import my Active Directory list of computers?

Thanks,
Niles
15 REPLIES 15
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
Disregard my last post. I forgot to confirm the password in the third field. Still no luck with though.
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
I also discovered this whe I tried to confirm the passowrd.

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express
------------------------------

Change password failed for Login 'nfosteradmin'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.Smo)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=9.00.3042.00&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Change+password+Login&LinkId=20476

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.ConnectionInfo)

Cannot alter the login 'nfosteradmin', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15151)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=09.00.3042&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=15151&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
No. It returns "Failed" The server is runnig a fresh install of Windows 2003 R2 x86. No Firewalls and is on the same IP range as the workstation where LSclient is being run. I did find that there is an error with the login account that I am using. Please advise.

4/4/2008 4:48:18 PM
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "Lansweeper" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'nfosteradmin'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at Lansweeper30.starter.startsweeper()
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When you run the lsclient do you get a "success" message?
Is your errorlog.txt in the service directory empty?
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
No errors that I can see. The problem is that I do not see any data populating in Lansweeper. I ran the lsclient but still nothing.

Thanks,
Niles
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It is just simply not collecting data.

What's the exact problem?
Do you see any errors in the log?
Have you issued lsclient.exe on the clients?

Is there a way to import my Active Directory list of computers?

I'm currently programming this as a premium user tool.