→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matty
Engaged Sweeper
Morning all,

Im looking at migrating/moving lansweeper from one server to another, can you provide me with the relevant documentation on how to do this.

Thanks

Matt
M@TY
6 REPLIES 6
neosys
Engaged Sweeper II
I followed your link for migrating.
But in my case nothing changes in the sacnning server, just need to move the DB from one to another server. Actually under SQL2005, I migrated to SQL2008
Removed lansweeperuser and recreate it, OK

But now the Lansweeper service does no longer start...
Groupe Rodeus
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
neosys wrote:
I followed your link for migrating.
But in my case nothing changes in the sacnning server, just need to move the DB from one to another server. Actually under SQL2005, I migrated to SQL2008
Removed lansweeperuser and recreate it, OK

But now the Lansweeper service does no longer start...

What error message do you receive when trying to start the service?
Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with a screenshot of what you see when clicking the "System scanning log" link in your web console. This link is the last item listed in the "Reporting" box to the left.
bostjanc
Engaged Sweeper III
Not quite sure... but i think I had once the same problem.
Double click solved the problem.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you send a screenshot of this behaviour please.
jasonbrink
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm having an issue with the step to rename the servername in SQL. I'm under table dbo.tsysASServers and select Columns, and "modify" Servername. It opens up that table and it won't allow me to edit or modify the server name, it is grayed out. What am I missing? Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
See here: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/move-lansweeper-to-different-server.aspx