→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckingu
Engaged Sweeper
Was wondering if there is a way to specifically make lansweeper directly communicate with DHCP on my domain. When an addres is given out I would want lansweeper to show the device. This seems to work already on printers, switches, routers and other devices. But, if a computer that is associated to a different domain or an iphone connects up to my domain, lansweeper has no idea the device even came on the network. If I check DHCP I can see an address was given out?? Maybe there is a different way that I am not aware of that would allow Lansweeper to identify absolutely everything that is plugged into the network??
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper does not scan dhcp, it pings each ip address in the range you specify.
If the ip is firewalled you won't detect it.
ckingu
Engaged Sweeper
I'm not as worried about the static IP's as I am about the distributed addresses. Is this the way lansweeper works with computers in a different domain coming into my domain or is there something I have set incorrectly on the ip's not being indentified that have been distributed by dhcp?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is currently not possible.

Also if a device has a static IP address and is firewall it will be hard to detect it.