→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
what event triggers an update to this field? We have recently started forcing our machines to hibernate and are having issues with 802.1x authentication upon wake up. In researching that problem, I see one of our machines updated it's "last seen" time in Lansweeper while it was in hibernation. I see nothing in the machine's event log to indicate that it was on the network during this time. It also had WMI errors in Lansweeper indicating a firewall problem. I would certainly expect this since it wasn't on the network at the time...but I'm not sure why it would scan it to begin with.
5 REPLIES 5
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
We have approx 2500 machines in our scanning environment, so when the LS service restarts, the queue is "large" as most of those machines are in it.

We were having network issues the morning in question. If the LS server loses network connectivity, will that trigger a mass scanning like restarting the service?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
googoo wrote:

We were having network issues the morning in question. If the LS server loses network connectivity, will that trigger a mass scanning like restarting the service?

no
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you have a big scanning queue?
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
So any idea why it would be trying to scan this machine while it is in hibernation? According to the documentation, active scanning will "query your domain controllers to find out recently
connected workstations and servers." Since the machine is in hibernation, I wouldn't think it would be connecting the domain controller for anything.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lastseen is currently updated when lansweeper tries to scan it.

In Version 4.1 this will be different:

New field "lasttried": time when lansweeper tried to scan the host
lastseen: time the scan actually worked