→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
Following on from this topic -> http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst6423_What-determines-idletimeupdate-frequency-of-Last-user-value-for-a-computer.aspx

I think (perhaps) the issue of inconsistent last user information updating is to do with how we are scanning computers? Presently we use a mixture of active scanning and LSPush.

Does LSPush require domain access to process last user information? I've setup LSPush to run at logon, but it runs under a local account, not domain.

Active scanning always updates last user info but LSPush doesnt appear to update this data at all.

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
OK. Thanks for clarifying.
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
I have setup LSPush to run at logon as a scheduled task (runs under NT\SYSTEM). I doesn't appear to be related to the timing of when the task runs because if I run the task remotely on a machine where the last user info is incorrect it still does not update it. However if I then select rescan or full-rescan via the LS web-site the last user info is updated.

EDIT: I modified the task on a machine that had not updated the last user info properly. I changed the user credentials from NT\SYSTEM to the local admin account. The last user info did then update, but to the credentials of the task (local admin account). So it would seem that last user info gathered by LSPush is of the credentials it is run under - and since technically NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM is not a local account that would explain why the last user info is not updated/changed at all from the last active scan.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ghelpdesk wrote:
I have setup LSPush to run at logon as a scheduled task (runs under NT\SYSTEM).

This will not work. Doing it like this will make LsPush return the information of the user it's run under.
If you have a domain, you need to deploy a GPO as outlined on page 35 of our online documentation.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ghelpdesk wrote:
Does LSPush require domain access to process last user information?

User logon queries are run locally on the client machine. Detected users can be local users or domain users.

ghelpdesk wrote:
I've setup LSPush to run at logon, but it runs under a local account, not domain.

Could you clarify what kind of script/job you configured. If you deployed a logon script/GPO in your domain, LsPush should run when any domain user logs into the machine and will detect that user at that time. Note that you should deploy a logon script, not a startup script.