cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpreston
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

New to Lansweeper, but so far so good, great package...

I'm in the process of setting up the License Compliance information, with how many license's we own and costs, etc... But I'm noticing things are listed multiple times... I know it's different versions, but let's take Microsoft Office standard edition 2003 for example... It's in the list twice because of slight version differences, one is version: 11.0.8173.0, and one is version: 11.0.5614.0.

Is there a way to bunch those two into just one? I need a simple: Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 for example that would list them all...

Thanks,
7 REPLIES 7
bpreston
Engaged Sweeper
lol, Well that explains it.. no, we just renewed our license a few weeks ago so it's all good...

Okay, I'll start the upgrade in a few minutes then... Anything I should watch out for? or is it just a simple upgrade process?

Thanks for all the help!
bpreston
Engaged Sweeper
Okay, I logged into the server.. ran Lansweeper Configuration utility.. under Licenses, then software licenses, it has two sides.. left side is whats been detected on my network, right side is what licenses I've selected from the left side... the only two fields on the right side that I can modify are #Purchased and #Price... I can't modify the version field...

I'm assuming I'm in the wrong area... 🙂

Also, side note, we're running version 3.5.2.16... I'm also currently looking at upgrading the server to the newest version... Can someone confirm that my current license key for Lansweeper will work with the newest version? If so, I'll work on upgrading it today.. 🙂

Thanks,
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bpreston wrote:
Okay, I logged into the server.. ran Lansweeper Configuration utility.. under Licenses, then software licenses, it has two sides.. left side is whats been detected on my network, right side is what licenses I've selected from the left side... the only two fields on the right side that I can modify are #Purchased and #Price... I can't modify the version field...

I'm assuming I'm in the wrong area... 🙂

Also, side note, we're running version 3.5.2.16... I'm also currently looking at upgrading the server to the newest version... Can someone confirm that my current license key for Lansweeper will work with the newest version? If so, I'll work on upgrading it today.. 🙂

Thanks,

This only works starting from version 4.0.
If your license key isn't expired you can upgrade to the latest version.
bpreston
Engaged Sweeper
Hmm, okay, I will try it once I get to work in about 30 mins... 🙂

Thanks,
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can edit the version number column and overwrite "11.0.8173.0" with "11.0.%"
bpreston
Engaged Sweeper
Okay.. Uhm.. Where might I put that? lol
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can use the "%" wildcard.
version : 11.0.%