cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msdcs
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Team!

I have questions about license tracking. The task is to track licenses in different companies. I work in IT dep. and we serve different companies which are in the same group. So I need to track, count and build reports about using software. E.g. I have three pools of MS Office 2010 Standard licenses - in 1st: 23 licenses, 2nd: 40 licenses, 3rd: 69 licenses. And I cannot joint all these licenses. I need to track and count them separately. How can I do this?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
msdcs
Engaged Sweeper
It would be a good feature to manage different license keys of the same soft.

Thanks for reply!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
msdcs wrote:
It would be a good feature to manage different license keys of the same soft.

License keys are scanned by default and listed in the built-in report "License: Software licenskey overview", found under Dashboard/Reports/All Reports. You can also submit license keys in the Orders tab of a license item. To calculate compliance, Lansweeper compares the #Licenses value(s) of your order(s) (not the license keys) and the number of software installations.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
License compliance looks at the number of software installations. Example:
- You indicate that you have 5 MS Office 2010 Standard licenses.
- Lansweeper finds 6 MS Office 2010 Standard software installations in your network.
- 5 - 6 = -1: Lansweeper indicates that you are missing one license.
msdcs
Engaged Sweeper
I have 5 contracts with Microsoft and I have 5 license keys. When I install MS Office 2010 Standard I use one of 5 licenses keys but I use the same installer. I would like to count license by used license keys. Is it possible?

Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you please clarify your question. Calculating license compliance per company is not possible, if this is what you're asking.
msdcs
Engaged Sweeper
And How can I deal with different companies licenses? Could you help me?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
License compliance cannot be performed per company, if this is what you're asking. Lansweeper will always compare the number of licenses you've entered against the number of installations in your entire network (everything stored in your database).