cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuffhappens
Engaged Sweeper
Hey,

I'm using LanSweeper in Trial mode for testing to see if it can be used in our company. After I did the initial setup (running the built in DB) I started adding PC's and all was going well for the most part. Had a few problems with PC's that I can connect to with the connection tester, but LanSweeper failed to connect.

After getting most of those sorted I now have a problem that I cannot fix.

We have a mix of Win8, Win7, WinXP and Linux (Ubuntu and Mint mostly) and the Windows PC's add, however when I add a Linux PC it overwrites the last Linux box I added.

If I say add Linux01 (192.168.168.1 - Ubutnu 12.04) and then I add Linux02 (192.168.168.2 - Ubuntu 12.10) the Linux02 never lists under assets, however if I click on Linux01 I see that all of Linux02's details are now there.
2 REPLIES 2
stuffhappens
Engaged Sweeper
If anyone else had this problem, it was resolved by LanSweeper for me.

The problem was that with the Linux installs we had there were 3G modems built into the Laptops which all got the same MAC address. This made LanSweeper overwrite any other Linux which had the same wwan0 MAC address.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
To help us troubleshoot, can you please send an e-mail to support@lansweeper.com containing:
- A screenshot of the 2 asset pages (summery tab; error tab).
- A screenshot of the device tester to both Linux machines with \Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions\DeviceTester.exe (run it from your lansweeper server).
- \Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\errorlog.txt

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now