cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dherron
Engaged Sweeper
Im calling the .exe from a vbs using ,0 for non-interactive however when the .exe itself runs, you can see the cmd.exe window showing the status on lsclient communicating to the server.

Ive searched the forums and have also tried several command switches but havent been able to find what I need.

Is there a way to run lsclient in silent mode so that no output is displayed on the screen?

Thanks!

** I could use >> NULL however Im wondering if there is a specific switch.
3 REPLIES 3
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
Hi dherron,

My solution to the CMD pop-up was to create a group policy. {{{Not drop anything under the NETLOGON share as this will not work}}}

Select the OU that you want to apply the policy to and then go to User Configuration (not computers) under Windows Settings (for Windows 2008 - Policies then Windows Settings), Scripts and then Logon.

Under the Logon Properties click Show Files. Here copy the lscient.exe and the BAT or VBS file that you want to proccess. Make sure that you have the following statement for the lscient.exe in either file as follows;

lscient.exe servername 9524

You may have to run gpupdate /force on your workstations and make sure that the Windows Firewall is off.
dherron
Engaged Sweeper
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.run "\\domainname.com\netlogon\lsclient.exe servername",0

I believe I may have resolved it using the following.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.run "%comspec% /c \\domainname.com\netlogon\lsclient.exe servername",0

Still testing it out but it seems to be working properly and Im no longer seeing a cmd.exe window with the connection status. I am however still open to suggestions.

Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no specific switch, but the shell.run with ,0 parameter should do the trick.

Could you post your exact vbs command please.